- Rep. Heather Fitzenhagen raises over $108K in February, while Matt Caldwell posts $34.6K reportPosted 2 hours ago
- 11 fundraising reports to keep an eye on todayPosted 3 hours ago
- Marco Rubio to deliver policy speech today laying out list of economic plansPosted 4 hours ago
- Latest numbers on the GOP surge in CD 13Posted 4 hours ago
- Rick Scott transfers $27 million to new “Let’s Get to Work” committeePosted 5 hours ago
- Smart Politics study shows female candidates more likely to win special elections than generalsPosted 6 hours ago
A legend is born: Florida woman breaks leg outside polling location, yet still votes
Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner told reporters this morning of a woman in Escambia County, Florida who would be denied her opportunity to vote.
Evidently, she broke her leg in the parking lot outside her polling precinct, but was carried into the polls by her husband to vote — before going to the hospital for treatment.
“We’re grateful for her interest and passion to vote,” said Detzner.
Please keep this woman in mind before you complain about having waiting in line to vote today.