- Scott administration pushes back against Times/Herald jobs investigationPosted 13 hours ago
- But what about the rest of St. Pete?Posted 15 hours ago
- Alex Sink claims Obama “failed us” with rollout of Affordable Care ActPosted 17 hours ago
- Website problems continue to plague Florida unemployed during the holidaysPosted 17 hours ago
- The campaign trail may not be the best place for Beverly or Bill Young, Jr.Posted 18 hours ago
- Adam Hollingsworth the latest vetting foul for Rick Scott’s administrationPosted 18 hours ago
A legend is born: Florida woman breaks leg outside polling location, yet still votes
Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner told reporters this morning of a woman in Escambia County, Florida who would be denied her opportunity to vote.
Evidently, she broke her leg in the parking lot outside her polling precinct, but was carried into the polls by her husband to vote — before going to the hospital for treatment.
“We’re grateful for her interest and passion to vote,” said Detzner.
Please keep this woman in mind before you complain about having waiting in line to vote today.