- Rick Scott and Jeb Bush want in-state tuition bill passedPosted 9 mins ago
- DEP names Kelley Boree as State Lands DirectorPosted 16 mins ago
- Today on Context Florida: Electoral science, trauma centers, Jameis Winston and educational testingPosted 1 hour ago
- Latvala says Negron’s maneuver on in-state tuition is “slap in the face to Jeb Bush”Posted 1 hour ago
- Gov. Scott’s office: Ask employees for public records, not usPosted 2 hours ago
- Rothenberg Report upgrades Patrick Murphy’s chances of re-electionPosted 2 hours ago
…about that Brian Ballard fundraiser for congressional candidate Gwen Graham
An invitation from uber lobbyist Brian Ballard to a fundraiser for Democratic congressional candidate Gwen Graham, daughter of former Governor Bob Graham, turned heads last week after Marc Caputo of the Miami Herald first reported about the item.
Ballard traditionally raises money for Republican candidates. In fact, he led Mitt Romney’s money-raising team in Florida, so the head-turning, at first glance, made sense.
However, upon further investigation, there are several ties that bind the Ballard and Graham clans.
According to Graham’s campaign, Gwen and Ballard’s wife, Kathryn, have bee friends since childhood. Moreover, the Ballards and Grahams are godparents to one of each other’s children. Gwen
Those kind of ties trump partisan politics, right?