- House proceeds with bill on human trafficking of Cuban baseball playersPosted 6 hours ago
- Mason-Dixon poll puts Rick Scott and Charlie Crist in dead heatPosted 8 hours ago
- Dems in Nan Rich’s home county vote “no” on debate with Charlie CristPosted 8 hours ago
- Lizbeth Benacquisto to resume SD 30 re-election effortPosted 9 hours ago
- Jeff Brandes responds to criticism from Janet Long over Greenlight Pinellas probePosted 9 hours ago
- Consumer advocates make sure ticket-sale regulation stays dead in 2014Posted 9 hours ago
…about that Brian Ballard fundraiser for congressional candidate Gwen Graham
An invitation from uber lobbyist Brian Ballard to a fundraiser for Democratic congressional candidate Gwen Graham, daughter of former Governor Bob Graham, turned heads last week after Marc Caputo of the Miami Herald first reported about the item.
Ballard traditionally raises money for Republican candidates. In fact, he led Mitt Romney’s money-raising team in Florida, so the head-turning, at first glance, made sense.
However, upon further investigation, there are several ties that bind the Ballard and Graham clans.
According to Graham’s campaign, Gwen and Ballard’s wife, Kathryn, have bee friends since childhood. Moreover, the Ballards and Grahams are godparents to one of each other’s children. Gwen
Those kind of ties trump partisan politics, right?