- Crist defends President Obama, blasts ScottPosted 34 mins ago
- Tea Party challengers struggle to continue successPosted 6 hours ago
- A round-up of Sunday editorials from Florida’s leading newspapersPosted 6 hours ago
- Daylight saving time is good for business?Posted 16 hours ago
- Don’t forget: Daylight saving time begins this SundayPosted 16 hours ago
- The day that was in the CD 13 special electionPosted 17 hours ago
…about that Brian Ballard fundraiser for congressional candidate Gwen Graham
An invitation from uber lobbyist Brian Ballard to a fundraiser for Democratic congressional candidate Gwen Graham, daughter of former Governor Bob Graham, turned heads last week after Marc Caputo of the Miami Herald first reported about the item.
Ballard traditionally raises money for Republican candidates. In fact, he led Mitt Romney’s money-raising team in Florida, so the head-turning, at first glance, made sense.
However, upon further investigation, there are several ties that bind the Ballard and Graham clans.
According to Graham’s campaign, Gwen and Ballard’s wife, Kathryn, have bee friends since childhood. Moreover, the Ballards and Grahams are godparents to one of each other’s children. Gwen
Those kind of ties trump partisan politics, right?