- Email Insights: Rick Scott won’t win popularity contests with latest public records dodgePosted 2 hours ago
- Florida coast-to-coast bike trail clears budget hurdlePosted 3 hours ago
- New website casts light on human trafficking and MLBPosted 3 hours ago
- David Axelrod doubts Jeb Bush will run in 2016Posted 3 hours ago
- Lawmakers take a frustrating turn with funding for VPKPosted 4 hours ago
- Melissa Harris-Perry to give Eckerd College commencement speech May 18Posted 4 hours ago
…about that Brian Ballard fundraiser for congressional candidate Gwen Graham
An invitation from uber lobbyist Brian Ballard to a fundraiser for Democratic congressional candidate Gwen Graham, daughter of former Governor Bob Graham, turned heads last week after Marc Caputo of the Miami Herald first reported about the item.
Ballard traditionally raises money for Republican candidates. In fact, he led Mitt Romney’s money-raising team in Florida, so the head-turning, at first glance, made sense.
However, upon further investigation, there are several ties that bind the Ballard and Graham clans.
According to Graham’s campaign, Gwen and Ballard’s wife, Kathryn, have bee friends since childhood. Moreover, the Ballards and Grahams are godparents to one of each other’s children. Gwen
Those kind of ties trump partisan politics, right?