- Greenlight Pinellas looks like it will really screw up Fourth StreetPosted 7 hours ago
- Trey Radel to refund more than $63,000 to donorsPosted 8 hours ago
- Interesting how this headline from the Sarasota Herald-Tribune changedPosted 10 hours ago
- Pam Bondi to headline MavPAC fundraiser on April 21Posted 11 hours ago
- On second thought, Sen. Jack Latvala comes through for St. Pete soccer fansPosted 11 hours ago
- Florida Chamber says the state should “succeed” not “secede”Posted 11 hours ago
Allen West fired, err, “leaves job” after anti-Semitic comment to staffer
Former U.S. Rep. Allen West, known for his outspoken style during his two years representing Broward and Palm Beach counties, is leaving one of his jobs.
Late Thursday afternoon PJ Media said in a statement that “West will transition from his full-time role as director of programming for Next Generation TV to the role of a part-time contributor to PJMedia.com.”
“In order to focus on political interests, Allen West will transition from his full-time role as director of programming for Next Generation.TV to a twice-a-month contributor of written commentary on PJMedia.com, effective October 1, 2013,” PJ Media financier Aubrey Chernick wrote to staff in an email from September 16. “I wanted our staff and consultants to have this information first. However, PJ Media is not announcing this publicly for several weeks, so please do not share this news with anyone outside of the company until you see our public announcement.”
Via Anthony Man of the Sun-Sentinel.