- Email Insights: Rick Scott won’t win popularity contests with latest public records dodgePosted 10 hours ago
- Florida coast-to-coast bike trail clears budget hurdlePosted 11 hours ago
- New website casts light on human trafficking and MLBPosted 11 hours ago
- David Axelrod doubts Jeb Bush will run in 2016Posted 11 hours ago
- Lawmakers take a frustrating turn with funding for VPKPosted 12 hours ago
- Melissa Harris-Perry to give Eckerd College commencement speech May 18Posted 12 hours ago
Allen West fired, err, “leaves job” after anti-Semitic comment to staffer
Former U.S. Rep. Allen West, known for his outspoken style during his two years representing Broward and Palm Beach counties, is leaving one of his jobs.
Late Thursday afternoon PJ Media said in a statement that “West will transition from his full-time role as director of programming for Next Generation TV to the role of a part-time contributor to PJMedia.com.”
“In order to focus on political interests, Allen West will transition from his full-time role as director of programming for Next Generation.TV to a twice-a-month contributor of written commentary on PJMedia.com, effective October 1, 2013,” PJ Media financier Aubrey Chernick wrote to staff in an email from September 16. “I wanted our staff and consultants to have this information first. However, PJ Media is not announcing this publicly for several weeks, so please do not share this news with anyone outside of the company until you see our public announcement.”
Via Anthony Man of the Sun-Sentinel.