- Sunburn for 12/11 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politicsPosted 38 mins ago
- How is the latest revelation about Adam Hollingsworth not a killshot?Posted 11 hours ago
- Political issues top the list of the internet’s most talked about things in 2013Posted 12 hours ago
- Is the other shoe about to fall on Adam Hollingsworth?Posted 13 hours ago
- When Rick Scott says “good job,” it’s time to update your resumePosted 13 hours ago
- Email Insights: not-too-bitter Bill Foster endorses Kathleen PetersPosted 16 hours ago
Allen West fired, err, “leaves job” after anti-Semitic comment to staffer
Former U.S. Rep. Allen West, known for his outspoken style during his two years representing Broward and Palm Beach counties, is leaving one of his jobs.
Late Thursday afternoon PJ Media said in a statement that “West will transition from his full-time role as director of programming for Next Generation TV to the role of a part-time contributor to PJMedia.com.”
“In order to focus on political interests, Allen West will transition from his full-time role as director of programming for Next Generation.TV to a twice-a-month contributor of written commentary on PJMedia.com, effective October 1, 2013,” PJ Media financier Aubrey Chernick wrote to staff in an email from September 16. “I wanted our staff and consultants to have this information first. However, PJ Media is not announcing this publicly for several weeks, so please do not share this news with anyone outside of the company until you see our public announcement.”
Via Anthony Man of the Sun-Sentinel.