- Florida Supreme Court holds testy hearing on secret evidence
- Florida Democrats pounce as 6,000 Florida jobs disappear
- Charlie Crist releases “4,000 lies,” counters Rick Scott’s swindle claims
- Pat Bainter fires back over privacy, integrity and “criminalized political speech”
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Election Day … Pinellas County mails 2,700 overseas absentee ballots
- Crisis at the Tampa Bay Times: Would Paul Tash pass a PolitiFact check?
Paul Ryan blames Mitt Romney’s loss on promises of Obamacare
Rep. Paul Ryan said that he and Mitt Romney lost the election last year in part because they were arguing against the “empty promises” of the not-yet-implemented Obamacare law, Politico reports.
“This was the challenge that Mitt Romney and I had in this last election… we had to argue against the promise and the rhetoric of President Obama,” said Ryan. “The great soaring rhetoric, all of the empty promises. Remember in his first two years, he passed his big program, but he didn’t implement his program. Now, in his second term, we’re seeing it implemented — and it’s pretty darn ugly.”