- Today on Context Florida: Israel & Hamas, one-up California, wealth lobby and newspapers
- Golfer who beat 64-year-old with “piston-like punching,” denied Stand Your Ground defense by Florida judge
- AARP Florida releases “2014 Legislative Voting Record” on senior issues
- Price tag for new Gateway expressway is $454M
- Sunburn for 7/31 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Marco Rubio walks a thin line with medical marijuana support
Bill Gunter gets another key endorsement in race for Mike Fasano’s old House seat
Bill Gunter has received another valuable endorsement today in his bid for the Florida House district 36 seat recently vacated by Mike Fasano. This time the support is coming from prior Pasco School Board member present County Commissioner Kathryn Starkey.
Starkey, a longtime Pasco resident, said, “Bill Gunter is a dedicated community servant. I am confident he will stand up for his constituents.”
Starkey is only the most recent of a long line of Pasco County leaders to lend their support to Gunter. Speaker of the Florida House Will Weatherford, and the three members in line to become Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives — Reps. Steve Crisafulli, Richard Corcoran and Jose Oliva — announced their endorsements of Gunter.
“I’m very grateful to receive the support of Commissioner Starkey,” Gunter said. “Kathryn has been a very active member of the Pasco County community for a long time, so her belief in me being the best representative for the people of West Pasco means a lot.”
Gunter was pastor of the Redeemer Community Church, once known as River Ridge Presbyterian Church, a position he held for 10 years. After working in a Dallas church for two years, he was briefly an insurance claims adjuster. Gunter now lives in New Port Richey with his wife, Heather and his two children.