- Sunburn for 7/25 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Gaza in Miami?
- Gray|Robinson launches new practice group that includes focus on medical marijuana
- Gov. Scott and the bike trail: What a difference an election year makes
- GE plant to bring 250 jobs to Clearwater and $50 million in capital investment
- Daniel Diaz Leyva hits $200,000 raised mark in House District 112 race
Halifax Media Group to buy 3 small Florida papers
Daytona Beach-based Halifax Media Group is set to buy the Daily Commercial of Leesburg, the News-Sun of Sebring and the South Lake Press of Clermont.
The small Florida newspapers are currently owned by HarborPoint Media. Halifax announced Wednesday that it has agreed to acquire the assets of HarborPoint, with the deal set to close Sept. 30.
HarborPoint director Russell Denson says Halifax will be a good home for HarborPoint’s employees and newspapers. He says Halifax brings additional resources and capabilities to expand and enhance the newspapers’ service to their readers, advertisers and communities.
Halifax was founded in 2010 when a group of investors bought The Daytona Beach News-Journal. The group has since grown to 33 newspapers and affiliated websites, published in five states in the Southeast.
Via The Associated Press.