- U.S. House OKs bill to address border crisis; Obama condemns it
- In light of redistricting ruling, Senate President urges members not to throw out any relevant docs, files
- Growers and lobbyists not high on second draft of pot rules
- Write-in candidate files emergency motion in HD 64 decision
- Rick Scott campaign pulls in another $397K
- Batman creator’s personal copies to be auctioned
Rick Kriseman campaign planning major fundraiser for October 12
A group of Pinellas County beach community leaders will honor Rick Kriseman atin a fundraising reception Saturday, October 12.
The St. Petersburg Mayoral candidate will meet and greet friends and supporters at the Daiquiri Shak Madeira Beach 14995 Gulf Blvd. on Madeira Beach. The event will be from 2-4 p.m.
Scheduled to attend the beachside event will be:
- Pinellas County Commissioner Charlie Justice
- Belleair Beach City Council Wanda Scherer
- Belleair Bluffs City Commissioner Joe Barkley
- Former Treasure Island City Commissioner Gail Caildwell
- Rick Boylan, Vice Chair Democratic Party of Florida
- Mary Lou Ambrose
- Mark Hanisee
- Susan McGrath
- Rich Piper
- Ramsay and Judithanne MacLauchlan
The former state House representative and City Council member recently received endorsements from five of eight sitting St. Petersburg City Council members: Leslie Curran, Jeff Danner, Charlie Gerdes, Steve Kornell and Karl Nurse. He also has the support of the Tampa Bay Times, Equality Florida, the Stonewall Democrats of Pinellas County and the West Central Florida Federation of Labor (AFL-CIO)
There is a $35 suggested guest contribution for the event. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tom Alte at (217) 257-6998.