- Today on Context Florida: Florida disaster, tax holidays, getting high and El Paso
- State employees union, AFSCME, donates $1million to Charlie Crist’s political committee
- Processing issue delays bar exam submissions
- Sunburn for 7/30 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Charlie Crist announces first-day policies if elected
- Dept. of Health not backing down from lottery system to select Charlotte’s Web growers
Scratch two: County Commissioner John Morroni says he’s not running for Bill Young’s seat
Just moments after I posted a note on Facebook about State Senator Jeff Brandes stating he will not seek to replace Bill Young in the U.S. Congress, popular Pinellas County Commissioner John Morroni made his own declaration on my page.
“Please add me to the list of people not running for Congressman’s Young’s seat,” writes Morroni. “That was an interest I had before I was diagnosed with Cancer the second time. It will be hard to find someone who can fill those shoes.”
Well, that’s two major Republicans who have announced they will not be running for Young’s seat. Anyone else want to declare their intentions today? Mayor Baker? Senator Latvala?