- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Scratch two: County Commissioner John Morroni says he’s not running for Bill Young’s seat
Just moments after I posted a note on Facebook about State Senator Jeff Brandes stating he will not seek to replace Bill Young in the U.S. Congress, popular Pinellas County Commissioner John Morroni made his own declaration on my page.
“Please add me to the list of people not running for Congressman’s Young’s seat,” writes Morroni. “That was an interest I had before I was diagnosed with Cancer the second time. It will be hard to find someone who can fill those shoes.”
Well, that’s two major Republicans who have announced they will not be running for Young’s seat. Anyone else want to declare their intentions today? Mayor Baker? Senator Latvala?