- Patrick Murphy to seek national Silver Alert program
- How the First District Court of Appeal ignored Florida voters
- On Tim Morgan: The man behind the man behind the fight for medical marijuana in Florida
- 5 things to know about possible Senate uncertainty
- Declining median incomes becomes anti-Rick Scott talking point for Fla. Dems
- Astronauts getting 3-D printer at space station
Scratch two: County Commissioner John Morroni says he’s not running for Bill Young’s seat
Just moments after I posted a note on Facebook about State Senator Jeff Brandes stating he will not seek to replace Bill Young in the U.S. Congress, popular Pinellas County Commissioner John Morroni made his own declaration on my page.
“Please add me to the list of people not running for Congressman’s Young’s seat,” writes Morroni. “That was an interest I had before I was diagnosed with Cancer the second time. It will be hard to find someone who can fill those shoes.”
Well, that’s two major Republicans who have announced they will not be running for Young’s seat. Anyone else want to declare their intentions today? Mayor Baker? Senator Latvala?