- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Meet Britton Alexander – one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
- Jameis Winston returns to starter position, Florida State believes it’s No. 1
- Hillsborough House candidates post robust Sept. fundraising reports
- Polling 101: What impact are third party candidates having on Rick Scott vs. Charlie Crist?
- Democratic Tampa City Councilwoman Lisa Montelione endorses Republican city council candidate Jackie Toledo
Bill Young, Jr. announces HE WILL NOT seek his father’s congressional seat
Bill Young, Jr., the son of the late C.W. “Bill” Young tells me exclusively he will not seek the congressional seat previously held by his father.
“Running for Congress is not the right decision for me or my family at this time,” said Young, 29, in a brief interview.
“My youngest son is three months old,” said Young. “A child changes so much from three months to twelve months and I don’t want to miss my son growing up.”
Although Young won’t be running for Congress, don’t rule out seeing his name on the ballot in 2014. The Republican is expected to challenge Democrat Dwight Dudley in Florida House District 68.