- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
- Pat Gerard lobbies for campaign cash in Tallahassee — was it on City of Largo’s dime?
- Problems abound with health law immigration papers
Bill Young, Jr. announces HE WILL NOT seek his father’s congressional seat
Bill Young, Jr., the son of the late C.W. “Bill” Young tells me exclusively he will not seek the congressional seat previously held by his father.
“Running for Congress is not the right decision for me or my family at this time,” said Young, 29, in a brief interview.
“My youngest son is three months old,” said Young. “A child changes so much from three months to twelve months and I don’t want to miss my son growing up.”
Although Young won’t be running for Congress, don’t rule out seeing his name on the ballot in 2014. The Republican is expected to challenge Democrat Dwight Dudley in Florida House District 68.