- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Congresswoman Kathy Castor: Rick Scott’s big squeeze is not working for working people
- Meet Kristen McDonald – one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
- Personnel Note: Sal Nuzzo joins James Madison Institute as policy VP
- Meet Stephen Lawson – one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
- Meet Michael Worley – one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
- FSU Presidential Search Advisory Committee to select finalists for Board’s consideration
Rick Scott to deliver keynote speech at Florida Chamber’s insurance summit
Gov. Rick Scott will deliver the keynote address at the Florida Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Insurance Summit taking place in Orlando next week.
Florida property insurance in the future is the subject of “Taking the Long View: Sound Policy Today Strengthens Florida Tomorrow,” which takes place January 15-17 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
Highlighting the event is a team of experts to discuss the future of the state’s property insurance market on Thursday.
The annual conference had emerged as an influential discussion of issues facing insurers and policyholders throughout Florida.
“We are beginning to see positive movement in many areas of our property markets; how we move forward from this point will be crucial to keeping this momentum going,” state affairs manager Liz Reynolds of the National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies said in a report released today. “This panel will feature stakeholders representing various viewpoints, and we look forward to a lively debate and discussion.”
In addition to Reynolds, who will serve as moderator, other panel members are:
- Angel Bostick, general counsel for American Strategic Insurance Company
- David Marlett, chair of the Department of Banking and Insurance, Appalachian State University
- Steve Pociask, president of the American Consumer Institute
- Arthur Randolph, senior consulting actuary of Pinnacle Actuarial Resources
Other speakers expected at the 2014 conference include Scott, leading members of the Florida Senate and House insurance committees, Florida Office of Insurance Regulation Commissioner Kevin McCarthy, and Citizens Property Insurance Corporation CEO Barry Gilway.
The summit will include a variety of issues related to the insurance industry, including:
- Florida’s Healthcare Landscape
- Citizens Property Insurance Corporation and the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund
- Florida’s flood insurance challenges and possible solutions
- The latest in property mitigation efforts
- Florida’s political environment heading into the 2014 elections