- Meet John Morgan: The man behind the medical pot drive
- Today on Context Florida: The Internet, FSU president, student loans and high-stakes testing
- Labor Day Weekend, brought to you by these Florida lobbyists and political organizations
- Gov. Scott to barnstorm the state with tax cut proposal
- Obama seeks to do no harm to Democrats in midterms
- 2016-ers jockey even before congressional elections
Chris Latvala now at $130K raised for HD 65 race
Republican Chris Latvala’s fundraising outshined all of his Florida House District 67 opponents, bringing more than $130,000 total in his bid for term-limited Rep. Ed Hooper’s seat.
The Largo Republican reported adding $6,635 to his campaign in December, amassing $130,060 overall, according to the Florida Division of Elections.
HD 67 covers much of Northwest Pinellas County.
In contrast, Latvala’s Democratic opponent, Steven Sarnoff, collected only $380 during the same period, for a total of $2,120.
Calling the other two Republicans in the race “candidates” — Frederick Thompson and Chris Shepard — is somewhat of a stretch, since neither one made any headway in December. Shepard posted zero donations last month; Thompson’s December report (he had filed eight consecutive wavers) is pending.