- Rick Scott pollster puts him up in three-way race, 50% in head-to-head
- Rubio: Same-sex marriage foes face ‘intolerance’
- Greenlight campaign drops first mailer
- Groups ask judge to move election and draw new map
- Firm criticized for design of Enterprise Florida’s re-branding runs into similar trouble in Clearwater
- GOP House candidates Dane Eagle, Chris Sprowls each launch new TV ads
Chris Latvala now at $130K raised for HD 65 race
Republican Chris Latvala’s fundraising outshined all of his Florida House District 67 opponents, bringing more than $130,000 total in his bid for term-limited Rep. Ed Hooper’s seat.
The Largo Republican reported adding $6,635 to his campaign in December, amassing $130,060 overall, according to the Florida Division of Elections.
HD 67 covers much of Northwest Pinellas County.
In contrast, Latvala’s Democratic opponent, Steven Sarnoff, collected only $380 during the same period, for a total of $2,120.
Calling the other two Republicans in the race “candidates” — Frederick Thompson and Chris Shepard — is somewhat of a stretch, since neither one made any headway in December. Shepard posted zero donations last month; Thompson’s December report (he had filed eight consecutive wavers) is pending.