- Back-to-school sales tax holiday weekend runs Friday through Sunday
- Associated Industries makes endorsements in key legislative races
- Sen. Kelli Stargel launches broadside against consultant Anthony Pedicini, while weighing in on HD 40 race
- Marco Rubio special guest at Iowa Republicans picnic
- Gov. Scott questions Citizens travel costs
- Driving high questioned on busy day in Congress
Chris Latvala now at $130K raised for HD 65 race
Republican Chris Latvala’s fundraising outshined all of his Florida House District 67 opponents, bringing more than $130,000 total in his bid for term-limited Rep. Ed Hooper’s seat.
The Largo Republican reported adding $6,635 to his campaign in December, amassing $130,060 overall, according to the Florida Division of Elections.
HD 67 covers much of Northwest Pinellas County.
In contrast, Latvala’s Democratic opponent, Steven Sarnoff, collected only $380 during the same period, for a total of $2,120.
Calling the other two Republicans in the race “candidates” — Frederick Thompson and Chris Shepard — is somewhat of a stretch, since neither one made any headway in December. Shepard posted zero donations last month; Thompson’s December report (he had filed eight consecutive wavers) is pending.