- Rick Scott abandons tough talk from 2010 campaign
- SEC with five of top 10 of AP poll
- Lockheed Martin Orlando units get $122 million boost in F-35 support contracts
- A round-up of Sunday editorials from Florida’s leading newspapers
- Phosphates past being reduced to rubble
- Florida GOP makes final push for Rick Scott
Chris Latvala now at $130K raised for HD 65 race
Republican Chris Latvala’s fundraising outshined all of his Florida House District 67 opponents, bringing more than $130,000 total in his bid for term-limited Rep. Ed Hooper’s seat.
The Largo Republican reported adding $6,635 to his campaign in December, amassing $130,060 overall, according to the Florida Division of Elections.
HD 67 covers much of Northwest Pinellas County.
In contrast, Latvala’s Democratic opponent, Steven Sarnoff, collected only $380 during the same period, for a total of $2,120.
Calling the other two Republicans in the race “candidates” — Frederick Thompson and Chris Shepard — is somewhat of a stretch, since neither one made any headway in December. Shepard posted zero donations last month; Thompson’s December report (he had filed eight consecutive wavers) is pending.