Rep. Dana Young joins GOPAC leadership
State Rep. Dana Young is now the newest member of the GOPAC 2014 Legislative Leaders Advisory Board.
The House Deputy Majority Leader and Majority Whip will join the GOP state and local political training organization for a one-year term. She becomes part of GOPAC’s “deep bench of talented conservative leaders who are state-tested and ready to lead in Washington.”
Young is a two-term Republican currently representing much of South Hillsborough County, including downtown Tampa.
“Each member of our 2014 Legislative Leaders Advisory Board has a distinguished record of success at promoting conservative ideas and assisting Republican candidates with getting elected,” GOPAC Chairman Frank Donatelli said in a statement issued today announcing the appointments.
“Their involvement will strengthen our efforts as the Republican Party’s premier center for educating and electing a new generation of Republican leaders,”
Advisory Board members address elected officials, candidates and GOPAC supporters at events and conference calls. Their role includes keeping GOPAC updated on key legislative and political developments within their state.
Young joins others named to the 2014 GOPAC Legislative Leaders Advisory Board:
- Lt. Governor & Speaker of the Senate Ron Ramsey (TN)
- Senate President David Shafer (GA)
- Senate President Keith Faber (OH)
- Speaker of the House Ray Merrick (KS)
- Speaker of the House T.W. Shannon (OK)
- Senate Majority Leader Brandt Hershman (IN)
- Senate Majority Leader Dominic Pileggi (PA)
- Senate Majority Leader Damon Thayer (KY)
- House Majority Leader Lance Pruitt (AK)
- Assembly Majority Leader Bill Kramer (WI)
- Senate Republican Conference Chairman Joan Huffman (TX)
- Senate Campaign Committee Chairman Bryce Reeves (VA)
- House Assistant Majority Floor Leader Barbara Sears (OH)
- House Assistant Minority Leader Libby Szabo (CO)
- House Minority Whip Nate Gentry (NM)
- Senate Commerce Committee Chair Andy Sanborn (NH)
- Senate Health and Human Services Committee Chairwoman Leah Vukmir (WI)
- House Commerce Chairman Jack Williams (AL)
- House Commerce Chairman Tom Murry (NC)
Since 1978, GOPAC has supported Republicans with coaching and best practices on effective ways to communicate conservative ideas and solutions. This year, the group will independently promote proven leaders who have participated in GOPAC’s programs in the past as they seek federal office.
For more information on GOPAC, visit the organization’s Web site, www.gopac.org.