- In wake of beheadings, Busch Gardens removes decapitated props
- Carl Folkman receives military endorsement in quiet District 4 County Commission race
- FSU trustees to make presidential pick Tuesday afternoon
- 2016 could bring a chance for revenge for Charlie Crist
- Uber adds XL cars to fleet
- NextGen Climate launches “Rick Scott’s Ark” for wealthy climate deniers
Kathleen Peters endorses David Jolly in CD 13 special election
State Representative Kathleen Peters has released a statement tonight endorsing her former primary opponent, David Jolly, in the race for Florida’s 13th Congressional District.
“I want to offer my full support to David Jolly for Congress,” writes Peters, who finished second in Tuesday’s three-way Republican primary.
“I ran in the Republican Primary because I wanted the voters to have a choice,” explains Peters, who, the day after the election was not ready to endorse Jolly. “While I would have liked to have been that choice I accept the primary results.”
Peters rationale for endorsing Jolly is readily apparent from reading her release: “I will not accept the idea of Alex Sink to represent Pinellas County in Congress.”
“After speaking with David he has expressed the importance of making sure flood insurance reform is addressed as well as fighting for the repeal of Obamacare and I couldn’t agree more,” writes Peters. “David Jolly is my choice for Pinellas County.”