- New House Majority PAC ad blasts Steve Southerland for forgetting the folks back home
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
Gov. Scott appoints six to Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council
Gov. Rick Scott announced six appointments to the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council, Region 8.
All of the following appointments are subject to Florida Senate confirmation.
Mike Moore, 43, of Wesley Chapel, is owner of VR Business Sales/Mergers & Acquisitions. He fills a vacant seat for a term ending October 1, 2015.
John Neal, 39, of Bradenton, is president of Neal Land Ventures Inc. He fills a vacant seat for a term ending October 1, 2016.
Robert Sebesta, 49, of Seminole, is Florida General Manager of Walton Development and Management. He fills a vacant seat for a term ending October 1, 2016.
Scott Sheridan, 41, of Temple Terrace, is senior vice president of King Engineering Associates. He fills a vacant seat for a term beginning ending October 1, 2016.
Mary Yeargan, 58, of Brandon, is Director of District Management for the Department of Environmental Protection. She succeeds Deborah Getzoff for a term ending at the pleasure of the Governor.
Timothy Schock, 41, of Tampa, is president of Lightning Capital Consulting. His reappointment ends October 1, 2016.