- Hot sun, cold beer: Great Bay Distributors does it right!
- Charlie Crist gets another share of public matching money
- Bitcoin is taking root in St. Pete, but what in the blazes is it?
- How private companies reap profits from public schools
- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Aug. 22-24
- Candidates in HD 65 & 67 to enter the Tiger’s Den next Wednesday
Jeff Brandes adds $19,200 in March for SD 22 re-elect
State Senator Jeff Brandes added $19,200 in the first three days of March for his re-election campaign, according to recently released filings with the Florida Division of Elections.
By Florida law, incumbents cannot fundraise while the Legislature is in session, which in 2014 was on March 4.
The St. Petersburg Republican so far has collected a total of $409,465 for the effort to retain his Senate District 22 seat, which covers most of southern Pinellas and part of Hillsborough County. He also received in-kind donations of $34,087, while spending $21,194 in expenditures from March 1-31. This leaves Brandes with $249,565 cash-on-hand.
Brandes’ Democratic challenger, USF-St. Petersburg political science professor Judithanne McLauchlan, raised $13,013 last month with another $4,092 in-kind, although she had the entire month of March for fundraising. Her total now stands at $62,564, and $48,687 cash-on-hand.