- Dwight Dudley lead over Bill Young in HD 68 drops to single point
- Rick Scott lead widens 44% to 39% against Charlie Crist in new WFLA poll
- GOP HD 65 hopeful Chris Sprowls opens six-point gap with Carl Zimmerman
- New Charlie Crist ad knocks “Shady” Rick Scott’s education cuts
- Universities want boost in aid for needy students
- Jeff Brandes endorses Bill Young for House District 68
What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
What does Justin Bieber and Gov. Rick Scott have in common?
That is the question posed in the new digital video produced by the progressive watchdog group American Bridge 21st Century.
Rick Scott’s refusal to answer reporter questions have made national news, a “story line and a local joke,” they say.
“Even under oath,” according to American Bridge spokesperson Jesse Lehrich, “Scott seemed to take delight in providing non-answer after non-answer to simple, straightforward questions.”
The spot, which runs nearly two minutes, compares the TMZ video of Justin Bieber refusing to answer questions in a deposition with Scott doing essentially the same thing in his 1995 deposition in an anti-trust lawsuit against Columbia/HCA Health, Scott’s former company.
HCA was eventually fined a record $1.7 billion on charges of Medicare fraud.
Both videos have feature both Scott and the teenage pop star saying “I don’t recall” or “I don’t know” repeatedly, in a side-by side contrast. Bieber even said he didn’t recall questions asked earlier in the deposition.
The video is also available on YouTube.