- Oystermen fear closing of Apalachicola Bay
- Martin O’Malley joins Charlie Crist on the stump Sunday in Davie
- It’s official, red light cameras in St. Pete are coming down
- Email Insights: Bill Nelson sends his first pro-Charlie Crist email
- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
Kelly Benjamin: 'I'm sick and tired of talking about panhandling'
Last night’s South Tampa Candidate Forum marked the 200th time (more or less) that I’ve been asked to give my opinion on the issue of panhandling in the City of Tampa. Enough is enough. Of all the major issues facing this city in the 21st century, the fact that panhandling (or street solicitation) is dominating the dialogue this election cycle-so much that one candidate seems to be basing her whole campaign on the issue- is absolutely 100% tragic. We are less than four weeks from a major City Election that will determine the direction this city goes for years to come and candidates for public office are wasting valuable time talking about this one issue above all else…Really?? What happened to