- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Kelly Benjamin: 'I'm sick and tired of talking about panhandling'
Last night’s South Tampa Candidate Forum marked the 200th time (more or less) that I’ve been asked to give my opinion on the issue of panhandling in the City of Tampa. Enough is enough. Of all the major issues facing this city in the 21st century, the fact that panhandling (or street solicitation) is dominating the dialogue this election cycle-so much that one candidate seems to be basing her whole campaign on the issue- is absolutely 100% tragic. We are less than four weeks from a major City Election that will determine the direction this city goes for years to come and candidates for public office are wasting valuable time talking about this one issue above all else…Really?? What happened to