- Please read: Taking a second look at our recent polls of SD 34 and HD 69
- New Florida Dem video asks “What is Rick Scott Hiding?”
- Floridians receiving $42M in refunds under new health law
- Study: 10M have gained coverage through health law
- PSTA posts record ridership for June
- Slaying of FSU law professor is a seeming mystery
Wanna see an example of the worst kind of irony? Just check out Gov. Scott schedule for today…
Wanna see the worst frekin’ example of irony I’ve seen in politics in a long time? Just check out Governor Rick Scott’s schedule for later today:
SPECIAL OLYMPICS TORCH RUN: Gov. Rick Scott, First Lady Ann Scott, Attorney General Pam Bondi and Chief Financial Officer Jeff Atwater will attend the Special Olympics Torch Run Ceremony. Scott will participate in the run and pass the torch to a designated Special Olympics athlete. (10 a.m., Starting at Publix, 1700 N. Monroe St., Tallahassee, ending at the Capitol.)
Yeah, that’s right…the Governor will be attending a Special Olympics event on the SAME DAY it’s revealed heis planning to invoke his emergency powers and make deep cuts to the rates charged by group homes and case workers who help the developmentally disabled.
I don’t even want to think about how many of the wonderful athletes participating in Special Olympics rely or have relied on the programs Gov. Scott is planning to decimate with his actions.
Maybe the booing of Rick Scott should not start tomorrow night at Tropicana Field, but today in Tallahassee. Actually, booing is quickly becoming notsufficientenough a reaction to what is going on in the Capital.