- Probe exposes flaws behind Healthcare.gov rollout
- Colin Powell maybe not told early about CIA techniques
- Sunshine Law violation charges dropped against Chris Dorworth’s girlfriend, Rebekah Hammond
- Ethics panel tosses complaints against Rick Scott, Charlie Crist
- U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy introduces legislation to restore Indian River Lagoon
- Reggie Fullwood sues state over disqualification in HD 113 race
Elections bill advances out of key Senate committee
An election bill that shortens the state? early voting period and makes it harder for some voters to cast ballots passed a key Senate committee Tuesday following a series of amendments and promise from the sponsor that early voting hours would be restored on the floor, reports the News Service of Florida. The Senate Budget Committee approved the bill (SB 2086), which Republican backers said will reduce fraud and Democratic critics said was an attempt to make it harder for younger voters, who in 2008 came out in droves for Barack Obama, to cast ballots.