- Please read: Taking a second look at our recent polls of SD 34 and HD 69
- New Florida Dem video asks “What is Rick Scott Hiding?”
- Floridians receiving $42M in refunds under new health law
- Study: 10M have gained coverage through health law
- PSTA posts record ridership for June
- Slaying of FSU law professor is a seeming mystery
Elections bill advances out of key Senate committee
An election bill that shortens the state? early voting period and makes it harder for some voters to cast ballots passed a key Senate committee Tuesday following a series of amendments and promise from the sponsor that early voting hours would be restored on the floor, reports the News Service of Florida. The Senate Budget Committee approved the bill (SB 2086), which Republican backers said will reduce fraud and Democratic critics said was an attempt to make it harder for younger voters, who in 2008 came out in droves for Barack Obama, to cast ballots.