- Email Insights: Three endorsements help Richard DeNapoli “fight the smears”
- On same day as Sharknado 2 premiere … man dies after diving for lobsters off South Florida
- Floridians concerned about ability to care for aging parents, new poll shows
- Will Weatherford’s newly-formed committee gets $425K boost from Florida GOP
- 5 things I think I think about the Times story about GOP fundraising at King Ranch
- Well, here’s one way Rep. Tom Goodson proves he lives in HD 50
Steve Kornell campaign qualifies by petition
On May 10, 2011 St. Pete City Council Member Steve Kornell turned in over 500 Candidate Petitions to the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections office to qualify for re-election to the St. Petersburg City Council District 5 seat.
Council Member Kornell was elected in 2009 to fill the remainder of former Council Member Jamie Bennett’s term. “Our team is just as energized as they were in 2009″, says Kornell, “we’ve had two major fundraisers , and we’ve now qualified for the ballot by petition.”
Council Member Kornell is the first candidate in the 2011 City Council race to qualify by petition.”I’m not waiting around for an opponent” says Kornell “my campaign team is out there working every day.” He went on to say, “I’m incredibly humbled by the tremendous amount of support I’m receiving on this campaign, I’m extremely proud to serve the residents of St. Petersburg, and I’m looking forward to serving this great city for another four years.”
Council Member Kornell has already raised $20,300.00 for his re-election, and a recent fundraiser at the Duncan McClellan Glass Studio was hosted by Congresswoman Kathy Castor, Hillsborough County Commissioner Kevin Beckner, former Mayoral candidates Scott Wagman and Deveron Gibbons, and several other community leaders. Kornell is also endorsed by the Suncoast Police Benevolent Association, the National Association of Social Workers, and Equality Florida.