- Charlie Crist to talk Florida innovation at Boca Raton “coworking” facility
- Polling 101: Why poll just Rick Scott versus Charlie Crist?
- Polling 101 with Steve Vancore
- 2014 MacArthur ‘genius grant’ winners unveiled
- John Thrasher’s critics should reveal their choice for FSU presidency
- While you were sleeping: Minnesota Vikings ban Adrian Peterson from all team activities
***Updated***Event now in The Villages***Tea Party squabble keeping Gov. Scott from returning to Eustis to sign budgt?
Sources told Sunshine State News Monday that Scott had planned to head back to the small Lake County town of Eustis, where he announced his budget proposal in early February.
Amid friction between the Lake County Republican Party and tea groups that hosted Scott, the governor reportedly shifted gears and is seeking alternate locations for Thursday’s signing ceremony.
Brian Burgess, Scott’s chief spokesman, said, “In keeping with our outsider tradition, the governor will sign the budget outside of Tallahassee on Thursday.” Not confirming Eustis as the destination, Burgess said Scott would be “at least 2 1/2 hours” outside of Tallahassee.
Continue reading this story from the Sunshine State News here.
***Update: A source tells me that Gov. Scott plans to sign the budget at The Villages.***