- Meet John Morgan: The man behind the medical pot drive
- Today on Context Florida: The Internet, FSU president, student loans and high-stakes testing
- Labor Day Weekend, brought to you by these Florida lobbyists and political organizations
- Gov. Scott to barnstorm the state with tax cut proposal
- Obama seeks to do no harm to Democrats in midterms
- 2016-ers jockey even before congressional elections
Is Sarah Palin a presidential candidate or a narcissist?
Kathryn Jean Lopez at National Review thinks so: “Is there any other conclusion after watching the Iowa video?” she writes. “I think she just shared which way she is leaning.” An eagle-eyed Wall Street Journal reporter offers an alternative scenario: “Most suspect Ms. Palin will either endorse Texas Gov. Rick Perry or run herself,” says Danny Yadron. “In one scene, the former governor poses for a picture with girls in burnt orange ‘Americans for Rick Perry’ t-shirts. Make of that what you will.”
…So if you run, Gov. Palin, kudos on the video — it managed to make use of high production values without descending into the absurdity of Tim Pawlenty’s take on a Jerry Bruckheimer trailer. And I laughed at the bear. That was your way of winking at us, right? I appreciated the humor.
But if you aren’t running, why are you using the people of Iowa and the civic interest in the presidential primary process to aggrandize yourself? Doing so may benefit you personally. But it’s selfish, and seems calculated to keep your most loyal followers thinking that you’ll enter the race.