- RIck Scott’s “Let’s Get To Work” committee breaks $33 million raised mark
- Ethics investigation of Rep. Heather Fitzenhagen undisclosed checking account goes forward
- Tom Steyer’s NextGen PAC starts anti-Rick Scott campaign with $750K boost
- After Innocents Lost series, Miami Herald promotes Carol Marbin Miller
- Sunburn for 8/1 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Florida man bitten by poisonous snake may end up in jail for keeping it as pet
Is Sarah Palin a presidential candidate or a narcissist?
Kathryn Jean Lopez at National Review thinks so: “Is there any other conclusion after watching the Iowa video?” she writes. “I think she just shared which way she is leaning.” An eagle-eyed Wall Street Journal reporter offers an alternative scenario: “Most suspect Ms. Palin will either endorse Texas Gov. Rick Perry or run herself,” says Danny Yadron. “In one scene, the former governor poses for a picture with girls in burnt orange ‘Americans for Rick Perry’ t-shirts. Make of that what you will.”
…So if you run, Gov. Palin, kudos on the video — it managed to make use of high production values without descending into the absurdity of Tim Pawlenty’s take on a Jerry Bruckheimer trailer. And I laughed at the bear. That was your way of winking at us, right? I appreciated the humor.
But if you aren’t running, why are you using the people of Iowa and the civic interest in the presidential primary process to aggrandize yourself? Doing so may benefit you personally. But it’s selfish, and seems calculated to keep your most loyal followers thinking that you’ll enter the race.