- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
Good news for Florida: Jan Brewer decides against moving Arizona primary
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) “has decided against moving the state’s presidential primary to Jan. 31 and instead announced Friday that she has reached a ‘preliminary’ agreement with the Republican National Committee to host the leading GOP candidates in an officially sanctioned debate later this year,” the Arizona Republic reports.
“However, a time and a place for the debate have not yet been set, and Brewer is still suggesting that she might hold an earlier than usual presidential-preference contest, with the goal of putting Arizona at the front of the primary pack.”
Said Brewer: “I am keeping my options open to see what serves the state best.”