- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Good news for Florida: Jan Brewer decides against moving Arizona primary
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) “has decided against moving the state’s presidential primary to Jan. 31 and instead announced Friday that she has reached a ‘preliminary’ agreement with the Republican National Committee to host the leading GOP candidates in an officially sanctioned debate later this year,” the Arizona Republic reports.
“However, a time and a place for the debate have not yet been set, and Brewer is still suggesting that she might hold an earlier than usual presidential-preference contest, with the goal of putting Arizona at the front of the primary pack.”
Said Brewer: “I am keeping my options open to see what serves the state best.”