- Ted Yoho is “biggest threat to GOP” in midterms, columnist says
- Times editorial: Rick Scott must stop misleading voters about rail
- First bills filed for 2015 legislative session
- Arthenia Joyner endorses Sean Shaw in HD 61
- Please read: Taking a second look at our recent polls of SD 34 and HD 69
- New Florida Dem video asks “What is Rick Scott Hiding?”
Newspaper endorsements shift from GOP to split in last 40 years
Micah Cohen analyzes newspaper endorsements and finds a shift from the right over the last 10 presidential elections, reports Steve Meyers. Republicans won 84 percent of editorial page endorsements from 1972 to 1988; Bill Clinton broke the streak. But do those endorsements matter? Well, the candidate favored by most newspapers has won 7 of the last 10 elections.