- Martin O’Malley joins Charlie Crist on the stump Sunday in Davie
- It’s official, red light cameras in St. Pete are coming down
- Email Insights: Bill Nelson sends his first pro-Charlie Crist email
- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
- While other 2016ers are building campaigns, Jeb Bush is building his business empire
The latest from the circus which is the Herman Cain Campaign
The National Restaurant Association issued a statement yesterday afternoon that indicated they will decide today whether to let one of the women who accused Herman Cain issue a statement without violating the nondisclosure language in her settlement agreement.
Meanwhile, Cain’s wife, Gloria, will not be appearing on the Fox News Channel on Friday night after all, a person close to the talks” told the New York Times. “Ms. Cain had indicated to the network earlier in the week that she would appear on ‘On the Record With Greta Van Susteren’ on Friday night, but apparently had a change of heart. The person familiar with the talks, who requested anonymity to discuss private conversations, said that Ms. Cain did not entirely close the door on appearing on the network some time in the future.”
‘She’s doing fine, and she’s still 200 percent supportive of me in this whole race, 200 percent supportive of me as her husband, because I haven’t done anything,’ Cain told Sean Hannity yesterday. The Associated Press writes a mini-profile based on what little is known about the would-be First Lady (largely from her husband’s recent book).
But there is continuing fallout?
A top Iowa supporter of Herman Cain’s presidential campaign is blaming top Cain aide Mark Block for the campaign’s poor response to allegations that Cain sexually harassed at least two women in the 1990s,” The Washington Post reports. “Jeff Jorgenson, the chairman of the Pottawatamie County Republican Party, said Cain’s campaign has been caught off-guard and that Cain should consider changes, starting at the top. ‘I’m not very happy with the response to these allegations from the campaign itself,’ Jorgenson said. ‘I think Herman Cain needs to take maybe another look at his association with his chief of staff.’… Cain’s campaign said it disagreed with Jorgenson. ‘He has full faith and confidence in Mark Block and the staff,’ spokesman J.D. Gordon said of Cain.
There also may be another shoe to drop…
Herman Cain flatly denies the most serious allegation facing him – that he made an unwanted sexual advance toward a female employee at a work event – but Politico has learned new details making clear there were urgent discussions of the woman’s accusations at top levels of the National Restaurant Association within hours of when the incident was alleged to have occurred…The woman in question, roughly 30 years old at the time and working in the National Restaurant Association’s government affairs division, told two people directly at the time that Cain made a sexual overture to her at one of the group’s events, according to the sources familiar with the incident. She was livid and lodged a verbal complaint with an NRA board member that same night, these sources said.” One source said “she perceived that her job was at risk if she didn’t do it.