- Dept. of Health not backing down from lottery system to select Charlotte’s Web growers
- Poll: Two-thirds of Americans say illegal immigration is a serious problem, up 14 points since May
- Plaintiffs in redistricting case argue Florida must hold statewide election
- Bob Graham hits the campaign trail for daughter Gwen beginning tomorrow
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
- What exactly was House candidate Shawna Vercher’s role on the Obama campaign?
Happy birthday to Eric Deggans
(A re-print, but the sentiment remains the same): In basketball, there are players so talented that they can win games without ever touching the ball. Coaches sometimes have a difficult time finding a place for them on the court, yet when they are in the game, they so clearly make everyone else around them better that it is foolish to keep them on the bench. Shane Battier, the mercurial forward on the Memphis Grizzlies, is this kind of player, so much so that he was featured in this must-read