- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
5 things I think I think about today's St. Pete Times and other media
When I lead the effort to move St. Petersburg’s last call for alcohol to 3 a.m. from 2 a.m., I suggested that the city collect a surtax from or require a special license of the bars which would stay open later in order to offset any strains on infrastructure or the police.
When the St. Petersburg City Council approved the change in May 2010, police Chief Chuck Harmon predicted that the longer hours would impact police resources.