- Email Insights: Three endorsements help Richard DeNapoli “fight the smears”
- On same day as Sharknado 2 premiere … man dies after diving for lobsters off South Florida
- Floridians concerned about ability to care for aging parents, new poll shows
- Will Weatherford’s newly-formed committee gets $425K boost from Florida GOP
- 5 things I think I think about the Times story about GOP fundraising at King Ranch
- Well, here’s one way Rep. Tom Goodson proves he lives in HD 50
5 things I think I think about today's St. Pete Times and other media
When I lead the effort to move St. Petersburg’s last call for alcohol to 3 a.m. from 2 a.m., I suggested that the city collect a surtax from or require a special license of the bars which would stay open later in order to offset any strains on infrastructure or the police.
When the St. Petersburg City Council approved the change in May 2010, police Chief Chuck Harmon predicted that the longer hours would impact police resources.