- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Appeals court refuses to reconsider Levey qualification case
- Jeff Brandes, Maria Sachs lead in two-week fundraising period
- Orlando-area House challengers gain fundraising ground, with help of Florida GOP
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
5 things I think I think about today's St. Pete Times and other media
When I lead the effort to move St. Petersburg’s last call for alcohol to 3 a.m. from 2 a.m., I suggested that the city collect a surtax from or require a special license of the bars which would stay open later in order to offset any strains on infrastructure or the police.
When the St. Petersburg City Council approved the change in May 2010, police Chief Chuck Harmon predicted that the longer hours would impact police resources.