- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
5 things I think I think about today's St. Pete Times and other media
When I lead the effort to move St. Petersburg’s last call for alcohol to 3 a.m. from 2 a.m., I suggested that the city collect a surtax from or require a special license of the bars which would stay open later in order to offset any strains on infrastructure or the police.
When the St. Petersburg City Council approved the change in May 2010, police Chief Chuck Harmon predicted that the longer hours would impact police resources.