- Back-to-school sales tax holiday weekend runs Friday through Sunday
- Associated Industries makes endorsements in key legislative races
- Sen. Kelli Stargel launches broadside against consultant Anthony Pedicini, while weighing in on HD 40 race
- Marco Rubio special guest at Iowa Republicans picnic
- Gov. Scott questions Citizens travel costs
- Driving high questioned on busy day in Congress
Latest GOP primary polls from AP, Gallup, Cali., Michigan, Penn., Wisc.
AP: “A new poll shows that Republicans and Democrats alike are increasingly saying the nation is heading in the right direction and most independents now approve the way [Obama's] addressing the nation’s post-recession period.”
California: Romney, 31; Santorum, 25; Paul, 16; Gingrich, 12; Undecided, 16.
Gallup: Santorum’s “biggest advantages over Romney — of 18 points or better — are among Midwesterners, weekly churchgoers, and political conservatives.”
Michigan: Romney, 37; Santorum, 35; Paul, 13; Gingrich, 8.
Pennsylvania: Santorum, 45; Romney, 16; Gingrich, 9; Paul, 7
Wisconsin: Santorum, 34; Romney, 18; Paul, 17; Gingrich, 12; Undecided, 17.