- 2016 could bring a chance for revenge for Charlie Crist
- Uber adds XL cars to fleet
- NextGen Climate launches “Rick Scott’s Ark” for wealthy climate deniers
- Today’s pay cut announcement reminds us that the Tampa Bay Times is the Boston Celtics of regional newspapers
- Walt McNeil to Rick Scott: if you believe Charlie Crist swindled people then investigate
- Florida lawmakers urge action on Everglades: ‘Get it done’
Cost to build the Death Star? (About 1.3 million times the world’s GDP)
[J]ust as building a Death Star sent an important message to non-compliant planets, destroying a Death Star sent a powerful signal, as well. It was a huge public relations coup for the Rebellion. So the Death Star, while a devastating weapon, was also a tempting target. There were some basic conceptual design flaws (both versions were destroyed by a small smuggling ship and a handful of single-person fighters), but really, even if it had survived Yavin, it was doomed to spend much of its operational time fighting off attackers, simply by virtue of being such a big fat target.
Via The Daily Dish.