- Judge upholds blind trust used by Rick Scott
- Florida State law professor Daniel Markel was killed in his car
- Democratic House candidate Shawna Vercher’s financial disclosures raise more questions than answers
- Gay marriage case could head to Florida Supreme Court
- Wall Street spending $1.5 million a day on federal lobbying
- Florida among best states to “be female,” new study says
Cost to build the Death Star? (About 1.3 million times the world’s GDP)
[J]ust as building a Death Star sent an important message to non-compliant planets, destroying a Death Star sent a powerful signal, as well. It was a huge public relations coup for the Rebellion. So the Death Star, while a devastating weapon, was also a tempting target. There were some basic conceptual design flaws (both versions were destroyed by a small smuggling ship and a handful of single-person fighters), but really, even if it had survived Yavin, it was doomed to spend much of its operational time fighting off attackers, simply by virtue of being such a big fat target.
Via The Daily Dish.