- New House Majority PAC ad blasts Steve Southerland for forgetting the folks back home
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
Obama approval sinks to new low; gas prices to blame?
The latest CBS News/New York Times poll shows President Obama’s approval rating has hit the lowest level ever and “may be partially attributable to rising gas prices.”
Key finding: Just 41% of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing as president, while 47% disapprove of his performance.
This follows a new Washington Post/ABC News poll that found President Obama’s approval rating dropping to 46%.
However, Nate Silver isn’t sure whether President Obama’s declining approval rate is attributable to gas prices or statistical noise.