- Florida Supreme Court holds testy hearing on secret evidence
- Florida Democrats pounce as 6,000 Florida jobs disappear
- Charlie Crist releases “4,000 lies,” counters Rick Scott’s swindle claims
- Pat Bainter fires back over privacy, integrity and “criminalized political speech”
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Election Day … Pinellas County mails 2,700 overseas absentee ballots
- Crisis at the Tampa Bay Times: Would Paul Tash pass a PolitiFact check?
Claims bill for Eric Brody now on Governor’s desk
A bill providing $10.75 million to compensate Eric Brody for brain injuries he suffered in a 1998 car crash with a Broward County sheriff’s deputy is on Gov. Rick Scott’s desk. The Legislature passed the claims bill (SB 4) during the final week of session after a years-long battle to win compensation for Brody. The governor has until March 30 to act on the bill.