- Gov. Scott to barnstorm the state with tax cut proposal
- Obama seeks to do no harm to Democrats in midterms
- 2016-ers jockey even before congressional elections
- Brace yourselves: Campaign cash buying tons of ads
- Sunburn for 9/1 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- 1 killed in small plane crash near Albert Whitted Airport
Claims bill for Eric Brody now on Governor’s desk
A bill providing $10.75 million to compensate Eric Brody for brain injuries he suffered in a 1998 car crash with a Broward County sheriff’s deputy is on Gov. Rick Scott’s desk. The Legislature passed the claims bill (SB 4) during the final week of session after a years-long battle to win compensation for Brody. The governor has until March 30 to act on the bill.