- Not in my backyard: US sending dirty coal abroad
- ‘Avengers’ unleash ‘Ultron’ footage at Comic-Con
- After air ball during congressional committee, Curt Clawson renews his “three-point challenge” to Obama
- Pregnant Florida woman killed by accidental shooting while admiring gun collection
- Tampa Tribune endorses Charlie Crist in Democratic primary
- Author: Fort Caroline was likely in Georgia
Claims bill for Eric Brody now on Governor’s desk
A bill providing $10.75 million to compensate Eric Brody for brain injuries he suffered in a 1998 car crash with a Broward County sheriff’s deputy is on Gov. Rick Scott’s desk. The Legislature passed the claims bill (SB 4) during the final week of session after a years-long battle to win compensation for Brody. The governor has until March 30 to act on the bill.