- Sunburn for 7/29 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Net worth of Florida legislators is on the rise, new reporting shows
- Florida Forest Service sends firefighters to help battle western blazes
- Judge upholds blind trust used by Rick Scott
- Florida State law professor Daniel Markel was killed in his car
- Democratic House candidate Shawna Vercher’s financial disclosures raise more questions than answers
Video: RNC delights in Obama administration’s bad day in (Supreme) Court
The RNC delights in Solicitor General Verilli’s bad day in Court.
Ed Morrissey explains:
After the disastrous session of oral arguments on the individual mandate yesterday — which Jeffrey Toobin called “a train wreck for the administration” — most of ObamaCare’s backers were not exactly generous with Verilli. At Mother Jones, Adam Serwer called Verilli’s performance “abysmal,” and the Washington Post’s Ezra Klein criticized his delivery and noted that the liberal justices had to rescue him. A couple of journalists compared him to arguably incompetent sports figures like JaVale McGee and Billy Cundiff. That’s the kind of notoriety that Solicitors General rarely get, and never want.