- It’s beginning to look a lot like Election Day … Pinellas County mails 2,700 overseas absentee ballots
- Crisis at the Tampa Bay Times: Would Paul Tash pass a PolitiFact check?
- Anti-rail activist David McKalip vid depicts Hitler giving orders to Greenlight Pinellas supporters
- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Sept. 19-21
- Hearing for Charlotte’s Web challenge scheduled for October 14 & 15
- Coming Monday: Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
GOP: The anti-science party, documented
A new study in the American Sociological Review examined how conservative trust of science has declined over the years. The problem is more pronounced among the educated (h/t Andrew Sullivan):
Conservatives with high school degrees, bachelor’s degrees, and graduate degrees all experienced greater distrust in science over time and these declines are statistically significant. In addition, a comparison of predicted probabilities indicates that conservatives with college degrees decline more quickly than those with only a high school degree.