- Tampa Bay Times offers nickel-dick correction to King Ranch story
- WFLA poll: Rick Scott 44%, Charlie Crist 41%
- Obamacare losing its punch as a political tool for Republicans
- City of Tallahassee fights ethics proposal
- Trial lawyer-funded mailer attacks candidate for being a, um, “trial lawyer”
- After merger, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney makes splash with $733K in Q2 lobbying fees
The video that is sparking the Ryan-for-VP buzz
Various Republicans are touting Paul Ryan for VP:
Paul Ryan took the stage last night in Wisconsin to introduce Mitt Romney and thank supporters ahead of his victory speech. Conservatives reacted favorably, sparking speculation that the speech was a trial balloon for Ryan as a Vice President candidate for Romney.
Larison dismisses the hype:
Ryan’s budget plan makes him a much greater political risk than either Rubio or Martinez; he is “safer” only in the sense that he has already been scrutinized at the national level. Ryan is not as “boring” because he is currently much more controversial with non-Republicans and appealing to conservative activists, which may make him less attractive to the independents that Romney currently alienates in large numbers.