- Judge upholds blind trust used by Rick Scott
- Florida State law professor Daniel Markel was killed in his car
- Democratic House candidate Shawna Vercher’s financial disclosures raise more questions than answers
- Gay marriage case could head to Florida Supreme Court
- Wall Street spending $1.5 million a day on federal lobbying
- Florida among best states to “be female,” new study says
The video that is sparking the Ryan-for-VP buzz
Various Republicans are touting Paul Ryan for VP:
Paul Ryan took the stage last night in Wisconsin to introduce Mitt Romney and thank supporters ahead of his victory speech. Conservatives reacted favorably, sparking speculation that the speech was a trial balloon for Ryan as a Vice President candidate for Romney.
Larison dismisses the hype:
Ryan’s budget plan makes him a much greater political risk than either Rubio or Martinez; he is “safer” only in the sense that he has already been scrutinized at the national level. Ryan is not as “boring” because he is currently much more controversial with non-Republicans and appealing to conservative activists, which may make him less attractive to the independents that Romney currently alienates in large numbers.