- School Boards Association very concerned about Lee County’s vote to abandon standardized testing
- Dan Webster hosts Sept. 6 re-election kickoff cookout for CD 8
- So how did top consultants like David Johnson, Ryan Tyson, and Steve Vancore with their primary picks?
- Labor Day Weekend, brought to you by these Florida lobbyists and political organizations
- Charlie Crist leads Rick Scott 45% to 43% in first post-primary poll
- Today on Context Florida: Election turnout, Pot Wizards, Jennifer Carroll and Pensacola Metro
Smart chart: Federal income tax burden at all time low
When it comes to income taxes, a family of four in the exact middle of the income spectrum will pay 5.6 percent of its 2011 income in federal income taxes, according to new estimates from the Urban Institute-Brookings Institution Tax Policy Center. Federal income taxes on middle-income families have fallen significantly in recent decades, and they have been lower under Presidents George W. Bush and Obama than at any time since the 1950s.