- Back-to-school sales tax holiday weekend runs Friday through Sunday
- Associated Industries makes endorsements in key legislative races
- Sen. Kelli Stargel launches broadside against consultant Anthony Pedicini, while weighing in on HD 40 race
- Marco Rubio special guest at Iowa Republicans picnic
- Gov. Scott questions Citizens travel costs
- Driving high questioned on busy day in Congress
Justifiable homicide increase coincident with ‘Stand Your Ground’ laws
The Washington Post looks at the co-relation between the rise of stand your ground laws, and a documented increase in justifiable homicide cases. As the Trayvon Martin case goes on, the idea of justifiable homicide in a self defense situation is under the microscope in Florida and elsewhere.
Here’s the WaPo story.