- Sunburn for 7/29 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Net worth of Florida legislators is on the rise, new reporting shows
- Florida Forest Service sends firefighters to help battle western blazes
- Judge upholds blind trust used by Rick Scott
- Florida State law professor Daniel Markel was killed in his car
- Democratic House candidate Shawna Vercher’s financial disclosures raise more questions than answers
Explain this to me, Tampa Bay Times editors: Six full-time writers for prep sports, but…
…only one reporter assigned to St. Petersburg’s City Hall.
That’s right, the newspaper brags about the fact that it has assigned “six full-time writers” to cover Friday Night Lights, but the newspaper has just one full-time reporter covering the workings of city government.
And journalists wonder why 7 in 10 local news readers wouldn’t greatly miss their hometown paper.
By the way, the ad above screams that it has “them” beat when it comes to prep sports coverage. Exactly whom do they have beat?