- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
Explain this to me, Tampa Bay Times editors: Six full-time writers for prep sports, but…
…only one reporter assigned to St. Petersburg’s City Hall.
That’s right, the newspaper brags about the fact that it has assigned “six full-time writers” to cover Friday Night Lights, but the newspaper has just one full-time reporter covering the workings of city government.
And journalists wonder why 7 in 10 local news readers wouldn’t greatly miss their hometown paper.
By the way, the ad above screams that it has “them” beat when it comes to prep sports coverage. Exactly whom do they have beat?