- New House Majority PAC ad blasts Steve Southerland for forgetting the folks back home
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
Explain this to me, Tampa Bay Times editors: Six full-time writers for prep sports, but…
…only one reporter assigned to St. Petersburg’s City Hall.
That’s right, the newspaper brags about the fact that it has assigned “six full-time writers” to cover Friday Night Lights, but the newspaper has just one full-time reporter covering the workings of city government.
And journalists wonder why 7 in 10 local news readers wouldn’t greatly miss their hometown paper.
By the way, the ad above screams that it has “them” beat when it comes to prep sports coverage. Exactly whom do they have beat?