- Florida Supreme Court holds testy hearing on secret evidence
- Florida Democrats pounce as 6,000 Florida jobs disappear
- Charlie Crist releases “4,000 lies,” counters Rick Scott’s swindle claims
- Pat Bainter fires back over privacy, integrity and “criminalized political speech”
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Election Day … Pinellas County mails 2,700 overseas absentee ballots
- Crisis at the Tampa Bay Times: Would Paul Tash pass a PolitiFact check?
Explain this to me, Tampa Bay Times editors: Six full-time writers for prep sports, but…
…only one reporter assigned to St. Petersburg’s City Hall.
That’s right, the newspaper brags about the fact that it has assigned “six full-time writers” to cover Friday Night Lights, but the newspaper has just one full-time reporter covering the workings of city government.
And journalists wonder why 7 in 10 local news readers wouldn’t greatly miss their hometown paper.
By the way, the ad above screams that it has “them” beat when it comes to prep sports coverage. Exactly whom do they have beat?