- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
- Palace intrigue: Lame Duck Adam Hollingsworth desperately seeking an exit strategy
- School Boards Association very concerned about Lee County’s vote to abandon standardized testing
Explain this to me, Tampa Bay Times editors: Six full-time writers for prep sports, but…
…only one reporter assigned to St. Petersburg’s City Hall.
That’s right, the newspaper brags about the fact that it has assigned “six full-time writers” to cover Friday Night Lights, but the newspaper has just one full-time reporter covering the workings of city government.
And journalists wonder why 7 in 10 local news readers wouldn’t greatly miss their hometown paper.
By the way, the ad above screams that it has “them” beat when it comes to prep sports coverage. Exactly whom do they have beat?