- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
- Meet Kevin Cleary — one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
Purple Poll: Romney up 47% to 45% over Obama in Florida; three other key states close
The latest Purple Poll finds an extremely close presidential race in four key swing states which “represent the crown jewels of both campaigns’ strategies to win 270 electoral votes.”
President Obama leads Mitt Romney in Ohio 49% to 44%, and holds a slight lead in Virginia, 48% to 46%. The candidates are tied in Colorado, 47% to 47%, while Romney has the edge in Florida, 47% to 45%.
Of course, Micah Cohen reminds us that “the election is still more than six months away, and in the past 10 presidential campaigns, the national polling leader in late April has won the election only half of the time.”