- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
- Meet Kevin Cleary — one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
Sen. Dennis Jones thinks Rick Scott will draw a primary challenger
Three key paragraphs from Jim Turner’s story about Rick Scott:
After Gov. Rick Scott replaced Rod Jones on the Board of Chiropractic Medicine this week, his father Sen. Dennis Jones, R-Seminole, who has clashed with Gov. Rick Scott over prison privatization, made it patently clear that he would be willing to campaign for another Republican in 2014.
Jones said he expects a primary challenger to arise because of Scott’s low approval ratings.
“If his numbers don’t go any higher, I can’t image he’d run anyway,” Jones speculated.
Look for a a piece about Rick Scott’s problems in Pinellas County on Monday.