- College Football Playoff era begins
- Bill Clinton to campaign for Charlie Crist in Miami on Friday
- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
Sen. Dennis Jones thinks Rick Scott will draw a primary challenger
Three key paragraphs from Jim Turner’s story about Rick Scott:
After Gov. Rick Scott replaced Rod Jones on the Board of Chiropractic Medicine this week, his father Sen. Dennis Jones, R-Seminole, who has clashed with Gov. Rick Scott over prison privatization, made it patently clear that he would be willing to campaign for another Republican in 2014.
Jones said he expects a primary challenger to arise because of Scott’s low approval ratings.
“If his numbers don’t go any higher, I can’t image he’d run anyway,” Jones speculated.
Look for a a piece about Rick Scott’s problems in Pinellas County on Monday.