- Florida Dems uses Duke Energy fees as Charlie Crist/Dwight Dudley campaign push
- State land sale garners more than $15 million for conservation purchases
- AP poll: FSU still atop Top 25; Texas A&M up 12 spots to No. 9
- George Sheldon’s new committee seeks Common Ground in solving Florida’s problems
- FMA PAC announces three more House incumbent endorsements
- Hernando Sheriff Al Nienhuis endorses Blaise Ingoglia for HD 35
Video: Rick Scott says reporters are being “mean”
Gov. Rick Scott chides reporters following a critical report in the Miami Herald about his chief of staff Steve MacNamara.
The governor says, “You guys are mean to poor Steve MacNamara. He’s out there working his tail off and you guys write these mean things about him.”
Scott also answers whether he thinks Florida A&M President James Ammons should be fired following the arrest of FAMU students in connection with the hazing-related death of Robert Champion. He talks about the BP settlement, the issue of how the Florida Supreme Court justices handled their paperwork to get on the ballot for a retention vote this November and he confides what he’s saying to the families of slain law enforcement officers following the annual Law Enforcement Memorial service.