- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
Video: Rick Scott says reporters are being “mean”
Gov. Rick Scott chides reporters following a critical report in the Miami Herald about his chief of staff Steve MacNamara.
The governor says, “You guys are mean to poor Steve MacNamara. He’s out there working his tail off and you guys write these mean things about him.”
Scott also answers whether he thinks Florida A&M President James Ammons should be fired following the arrest of FAMU students in connection with the hazing-related death of Robert Champion. He talks about the BP settlement, the issue of how the Florida Supreme Court justices handled their paperwork to get on the ballot for a retention vote this November and he confides what he’s saying to the families of slain law enforcement officers following the annual Law Enforcement Memorial service.