- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
Video: Rick Scott says reporters are being “mean”
Gov. Rick Scott chides reporters following a critical report in the Miami Herald about his chief of staff Steve MacNamara.
The governor says, “You guys are mean to poor Steve MacNamara. He’s out there working his tail off and you guys write these mean things about him.”
Scott also answers whether he thinks Florida A&M President James Ammons should be fired following the arrest of FAMU students in connection with the hazing-related death of Robert Champion. He talks about the BP settlement, the issue of how the Florida Supreme Court justices handled their paperwork to get on the ballot for a retention vote this November and he confides what he’s saying to the families of slain law enforcement officers following the annual Law Enforcement Memorial service.