- Previewing the Top 20 Florida House races to watch in 2014: House District 36
- Previewing the Top 20 Florida House races to watch in 2014: HD 29, HD 30, HD 47 & HD 49
- Previewing the Top 20 Florida House races to watch in 2014: HD 21, HD 25, HD 27
- New poll: Governor’s race tied, Amendment 2 passing
- University of Florida reports record donations
- Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists to gather for annual summit
James Kimbrough appointed to the Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority
Kimbrough, 72, of Crystal River, has been the vice chairman of the Tampa region for SunTrust Bank since 1967. He has served on the Tampa Bay Partnership Transportation Committee since 2002 and is a former member of the Florida Transportation Commission, serving from 1991 to 1999. Since 1992, he has served on the Pasco Economic Development Council and on the Citrus Economic Development Council. He served on the Southwest Florida Water Management District Governing Board from 1980 to 1986, as well as four years on the Pasco Hernando Community College Board of Trustees.
Kimbrough received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida and is a graduate of the Florida School of Banking. He is appointed to fill a vacancy created by the resignation of Shawn E. Harrison for a term beginning May 18, 2012, and ending September 20, 2013.