- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
Ron Paul supporters take over Minnesota GOP convention
Is it just me or is the continuing Ron Paul not-an-insurrection the key under-the-radar story of the spring?
“After years of quiet, relentless organizing, followers of libertarian-leaning GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul have exploded inside the Minnesota Republican Party, becoming its most potent army,” the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports via The Political Wire.
Paul won 12 of 13 open delegate spots to the GOP national convention. The 13th went to Michele Bachmann — “and only after a Paul supporter dropped out to let her have that spot.”
“In Minnesota, more than almost any other state, Paul forces have completed a historic party takeover. They proved their might Saturday, but also firmly established Minnesota as a remote GOP outpost nationally. Now state GOP activists will march to the national convention firmly backing Paul rather than presumed Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.”