- Hot sun, cold beer: Great Bay Distributors does it right!
- Charlie Crist gets another share of public matching money
- Bitcoin is taking root in St. Pete, but what in the blazes is it?
- How private companies reap profits from public schools
- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Aug. 22-24
- Candidates in HD 65 & 67 to enter the Tiger’s Den next Wednesday
Watch here: Hurricane drill in preparation for 2012 RNC in Tampa
Florida Emergency Management Director Bryan Koon describes the hurricane exercise under way at the state Emergency Operations Center. A fictitious storm named Hurricane Gisbert bears down on the Tampa Bay region, giving emergency workers a chance to prepare for such a scenario during the Republican National Convention in Tampa at the end of August. Koon says he hopes the drill prompts Floridians to review their plan for hurricane season, which starts June 1.