- Did last year’s government shut down lead to a baby boom in D.C.?
- After just a single public comment, Pinellas School Board approves initial $1.2B budget
- Insurers: 2015 exchange rates likely to spike
- Today on Context Florida: Florida disaster, tax holidays, getting high and El Paso
- State employees union, AFSCME, donates $1million to Charlie Crist’s political committee
- Processing issue delays bar exam submissions
Watch here: Hurricane drill in preparation for 2012 RNC in Tampa
Florida Emergency Management Director Bryan Koon describes the hurricane exercise under way at the state Emergency Operations Center. A fictitious storm named Hurricane Gisbert bears down on the Tampa Bay region, giving emergency workers a chance to prepare for such a scenario during the Republican National Convention in Tampa at the end of August. Koon says he hopes the drill prompts Floridians to review their plan for hurricane season, which starts June 1.