- Did last year’s government shut down lead to a baby boom in D.C.?
- After just a single public comment, Pinellas School Board approves initial $1.2B budget
- Insurers: 2015 exchange rates likely to spike
- Today on Context Florida: Florida disaster, tax holidays, getting high and El Paso
- State employees union, AFSCME, donates $1million to Charlie Crist’s political committee
- Processing issue delays bar exam submissions
Happy Birthday to @JordanRaynor
Unofficially, I refer to Jordan Raynor as the “Intersection” because he once wrote something about himself, saying he was at the intersection of politics and online communications. He first wrote that self-description a couple of years ago.
Today, Jordan isn’t at the intersection, he’s the damn intersection and the bridge, the junction, the on-ramp, the stop-light, the tollbooth, etc., between politics and online communications.
Put it this way, we didn’t know there was a place in the world like Jordan Raynor’s until Jordan Raynor invented it for us. Editorial curator, insightful commentator, cutting-edge strategist…Jordan is all of these things and more. Jordan is also my friend. He has been a patient, helpful colleague to me in my efforts to contribute to politics and online communications.
It’s through his “intersection” I have passed many times. And don’t forget, Jordan has done all he has done and he’s only 25. Imagine what he will accomplish by the time he’s 30!
But, for today, happy birthday ‘Intersection.’