- New House Majority PAC ad blasts Steve Southerland for forgetting the folks back home
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
What’s this? Gerdes wins AFL-CIO endorsement, opts to not endorse Janet Long
Last week I reported that Gerdes had won the AFL-CIO endorsement (The Buzz got this after I did and didn’t even give me credit. Tsk, tsk). Well, I just got off the phone with Rich Templin at the AFL-CIO and he confirms that one-time longshot, now contender Charles Gerdes is, in fact, the favorite of both Labor and the Teachers. Have they forgotten about Rick Kriseman? What’s going on in District 53?
Another interesting decision by the AFL-CIO was their non-decision in District 51. The unions aren’t backing Janet Long in this race despite her clear front-runner status.
Of course, our dear friend Kevin King is heavily involved in both campaigns. Maybe he can let us know why his candidates failed to win the support of Big Labor???