- Hot sun, cold beer: Great Bay Distributors does it right!
- Charlie Crist gets another share of public matching money
- Bitcoin is taking root in St. Pete, but what in the blazes is it?
- How private companies reap profits from public schools
- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Aug. 22-24
- Candidates in HD 65 & 67 to enter the Tiger’s Den next Wednesday
What’s this? Gerdes wins AFL-CIO endorsement, opts to not endorse Janet Long
Last week I reported that Gerdes had won the AFL-CIO endorsement (The Buzz got this after I did and didn’t even give me credit. Tsk, tsk). Well, I just got off the phone with Rich Templin at the AFL-CIO and he confirms that one-time longshot, now contender Charles Gerdes is, in fact, the favorite of both Labor and the Teachers. Have they forgotten about Rick Kriseman? What’s going on in District 53?
Another interesting decision by the AFL-CIO was their non-decision in District 51. The unions aren’t backing Janet Long in this race despite her clear front-runner status.
Of course, our dear friend Kevin King is heavily involved in both campaigns. Maybe he can let us know why his candidates failed to win the support of Big Labor???