- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
- Meet Kevin Cleary — one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
Keeping an eye on the US Supreme Court
The Supreme Court is known to release its rulings on Mondays in June, and with only two Mondays left in the month, Noah Feldman notes that “the five most important cases of the term all remain undecided.”
The five cases: President Obama’s health care reform law, Arizona’s immigration law, Montana’s law barring corporate campaign spending, a “cruel and unusual punishment” case involving a 14 year old given a life sentence without parole, and a free speech case for lying about military service.
SCOTUSBlog has “plain english” summaries for the fourteen cases awaiting opinions.
Via The Political Wire.