- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
Details on Trace Adkins, Kid Rock, Lynyrd Skinnard bookings for RNC in Tampa
Liberty Plaza Events has signed on musical acts Lynyrd Skynyrd (Aug. 26), Trace Adkins (Aug. 28) and Kid Rock (Aug. 29) for the Republican National Convention in Tampa.Other artists such as Ronnie Dunn of Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Robert Randolph and Night Ranger may also appear. There will also be another major act for the closing night ‘Wheels Up’ party that’s still to be announced.
Sponsors include theNational Energy Institute, Amway, Southern Company; the American Action Network and Citizens United. Liberty Plaza’s production partner is PRG, the concert production and touring company responsible for lighting U2′s 360 and Madonna’s current tour.
The location will also be home to invitation-only events for groups such as the National Republican Senatorial Committee, theNational Republican Congressional Committee, the House GOP whip team and Gov. Nikki Haley (R-S.C.). Late night concerts will benefit the Navy Seal Foundation, the Wounded Warrior Project and other veterans programs. Gibson Guitar and The Heritage Foundation will also have hospitality tour buses on hand. ‘Liberty Plaza is excited that we have the opportunity to honor our nation’s heroes and celebrate the sacrifices they made for the freedom we have today,’ said Ron Bonjean, spokesman for the group.
The venue can fit up to 3,500 people and will offer private air conditioned hospitality lounges. Sponsor packages, including tickets for every night start, at $10,000.
Via Politico Influence.