- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
- Palace intrigue: Lame Duck Adam Hollingsworth desperately seeking an exit strategy
- School Boards Association very concerned about Lee County’s vote to abandon standardized testing
- Dan Webster hosts Sept. 6 re-election kickoff cookout for CD 8
Big majority supports Obama on immigration
A new Bloomberg poll finds 64% of Americans agree with President Obama’s decision to end the deportations of some illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children, while 30% say they disagreed.
Independents backed the decision by better than a two-to-one margin.
“The results underscore the challenge facing Mitt Romney and Republicans as they try to woo Hispanic voters, who are the nation’s largest ethnic minority and made up 9 percent of the 2008 electorate.”