- Rick Scott pollster puts him up in three-way race, 50% in head-to-head
- Rubio: Same-sex marriage foes face ‘intolerance’
- Greenlight campaign drops first mailer
- Groups ask judge to move election and draw new map
- Firm criticized for design of Enterprise Florida’s re-branding runs into similar trouble in Clearwater
- GOP House candidates Dane Eagle, Chris Sprowls each launch new TV ads
Will leak force Romney campaign to vet Rubio?
“An ill-timed leak to ABC News that Marco Rubio isn’t being vetted for the vice presidency has prompted head-scratching among the Florida Senator’s allies, coming as it does on the day his autobiography is released,” BuzzFeed reports.
Said Republican consultant Ana Navarro: “You better believe if he wasn’t already being vetted he’s going to get a call this week.”
John Avlon: “So why not include him on a short list? Perhaps the answer lies in Stuart Stevens, the Romney campaign’s epically interesting chief strategist. Stevens is a Mississippi maverick — a sometime author, libertine and extreme athlete. Most relevant to this instance, he also served as strategist for former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, who Rubio trounced in a hotly contested 2010 election. Bad blood between warring camps doesn’t just fade away overnight, and in some cases it grows more malignant with time.”
Via The Political Wire.