- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
In battleground House District 30, Republican Scott Plakon wins first straw poll vs. Karen Castor Dentel
In the first straw poll in what the Orlando Sentinel describes as central Florida’s “marquee” race for the State House, incumbent Republican Scott Plakon defeated challenger Karen Castor Dentel at the Eastside Regional Hob Nob and Straw Poll, receiving nearly 80% of the vote.
The Oviedo-Winter Springs Chamber of Commerce and East Orlando Chamber of Commerce combined forces to put together the Eastside Regional Hob Nob. With increased interest in this year’s elections, turnout was heavy.
“I want to thank the Oviedo-Winter Springs and East Orlando Chambers for giving this opportunity for citizens’ voices to be heard. The results show that our message of job creation, economic empowerment, fiscal responsibility, quality education and safer neighborhoods is resonating with voters. The poll seems to be a reflection of the grass roots support we have been receiving which has been both overwhelming and humbling.”