- Another lobbyist insists Pat Gerard was “trolling for money” in April
- TBT: Happy birthday to the CIA and NSA, and some less celebratory dates in these agencies’ pasts
- The coming war between Rick Kriseman and Bill Edwards
- Today on Context Florida: Sports fans, Joan Rivers, FSU hypocrisy and Jameis Winston redux
- Sunburn for 9/18 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Polling 101 con’t: Phone calls versus online surveying
In battleground House District 30, Republican Scott Plakon wins first straw poll vs. Karen Castor Dentel
In the first straw poll in what the Orlando Sentinel describes as central Florida’s “marquee” race for the State House, incumbent Republican Scott Plakon defeated challenger Karen Castor Dentel at the Eastside Regional Hob Nob and Straw Poll, receiving nearly 80% of the vote.
The Oviedo-Winter Springs Chamber of Commerce and East Orlando Chamber of Commerce combined forces to put together the Eastside Regional Hob Nob. With increased interest in this year’s elections, turnout was heavy.
“I want to thank the Oviedo-Winter Springs and East Orlando Chambers for giving this opportunity for citizens’ voices to be heard. The results show that our message of job creation, economic empowerment, fiscal responsibility, quality education and safer neighborhoods is resonating with voters. The poll seems to be a reflection of the grass roots support we have been receiving which has been both overwhelming and humbling.”