- College Football Playoff era begins
- Bill Clinton to campaign for Charlie Crist in Miami on Friday
- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
In battleground House District 30, Republican Scott Plakon wins first straw poll vs. Karen Castor Dentel
In the first straw poll in what the Orlando Sentinel describes as central Florida’s “marquee” race for the State House, incumbent Republican Scott Plakon defeated challenger Karen Castor Dentel at the Eastside Regional Hob Nob and Straw Poll, receiving nearly 80% of the vote.
The Oviedo-Winter Springs Chamber of Commerce and East Orlando Chamber of Commerce combined forces to put together the Eastside Regional Hob Nob. With increased interest in this year’s elections, turnout was heavy.
“I want to thank the Oviedo-Winter Springs and East Orlando Chambers for giving this opportunity for citizens’ voices to be heard. The results show that our message of job creation, economic empowerment, fiscal responsibility, quality education and safer neighborhoods is resonating with voters. The poll seems to be a reflection of the grass roots support we have been receiving which has been both overwhelming and humbling.”